- The title is a reference to a 1960’s pop song, for those who are too young to know.
- So. New Blog. Using WordPress, the free account at first (they want $99/year, billed annually, for their non-free account, so that’ll have to wait a bit). It’s been recommended to me as a feature-rich blog with good support, so we’ll see.
- If anyone has a link to a user’s guide to features (like backup and security and how to use them), I’d appreciate a comment here.
- Topics. Will mostly be political, but I’ve got at least one which I know won’t be — Ori Pomerantz linked to a video about how to get a metal ring off your finger when the finger is badly swollen, and that method absolutely didn’t work for me last time I had to get a ring off of a swollen finger (due to a nasty phenomenon called “Angioedema”). I’ll be posting about a method which _did_ work for me.
- Why a blog and not Facebook?
- Because I like outline structure for complex discussions (hold over from my high school Debate career), and Facebook doesn’t do that particularly well
- I can control the comments better, here
- I don’t always want debate from the other side; sometimes I want to invite friends from my side only to post. I can control that more easily here. (I guess this is kind of the same as (b)).
- As my friend Willie Favero signs his posts: “That’s all for now”